As COVID-19 continues to impact the global community, we want to update you on the steps that we are actively implementing to mitigate risk to our employees, customers and the community at large and insulate against any probable disruption that this outbreak may bring about so as to ensure continuity of business in the event of an escalating pandemic.
- Visitors and employees: Advisory issued not to enter facilities if symptomatic and to observe proper hygiene within facilities at all times.
- Routine environmental cleaning: Additional alcohol-based hand sanitizers are available throughout the workplace and in common areas. Cleaning sprays and disposable wipes are also provided to clean and disinfect frequently touched areas, objects and surfaces such as workstations, countertops and door knobs.
- Reinforce respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene: Posters that encourage self-monitoring and staying home when sick, cough and sneeze etiquette and proper hand hygiene are placed at the entrance to the workplace and in other workplace areas where they are most likely seen.
- Supervisor training: Reinforced training to production supervisors to monitor our workforce and ensure GMP protocols are strictly observed.
- Social distancing: Employees are encouraged to use telephone and web-conferencing instead of face-to-face meetings as much as possible. Where necessary and practical, telework arrangements are facilitated through secure VPN access to our business network. While all positions are not conducive to telework, those positions with primary job duties that can be effectively performed remotely would be covered. All non-critical business travel is also suspended until further notice.
- Upstream supplier outreach: We are in continuing contact with our suppliers so as to proactively identify possible supply shortages while also ensuring safety stocks to cover for contingencies.
Both our production facilities continue to operate normally with no disruptions to our shipping schedules foreseen at the present time. We continue to diligently monitor the developments and fall-out from this outbreak day-to-day, in prioritizing product safety and the well-being of our employees, customers and supplier and contractor community. Our business community has our assurance of receiving timely notification in the event of any change to the status quo.