Handi Foods is governed by this policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities.
As a company “Handi Foods Ltd.” is committed to providing accessibility by meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a manner that respects the dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity. We will ensure accommodation for people with disabilities. Our executive team and Human Resources department will collaborate and work together to deliver on this commitment.
We recognize the diverse needs of our clients and employees that may be impacted by our services and respond by striving to provide services and facilities accessible to all.
This policy will apply to all employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, or any other individuals who
represent or act on behalf of the company in any manner. As a company, we will:
1. Accommodate and communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
2. Notify existing and potential employees about the availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process.
3. Provide training on accessibility laws and the Human Rights Code related to people with disabilities.
4. Allow service animals on the parts of our premises that are not a food safety risk.
5. In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities: Handi Foods will notify customers promptly. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative
facilities or services, if available.
Feedback regarding Handi Foods Ltd. Accessibility provision to people with disabilities can be made in
writing an email to email@example.com. All feedback will be directed to the Director of Human
Resources. Handi Foods will provide the response promptly.